My Genius Hour Proposal

2:58 PM


I feel so accomplished leaving our Tech Class each week and learning new tricks and tips to help me become an effective Digital learner. This week we leaned how to make a presentation using Google Slides. It's a new concept for me because I have only used PowerPoint, but I love the fact you don't have to save your work because its already connected to your Google account. As a Junior/Intermediate teacher I would use Google Slides as part of my lesson. It is super convenient and I can log onto any computer and open up my slideshow without downloading it or bringing a USB if I wanted to make changes.





This week we are starting our Genius Hour projects. 
Never heard of Genius hour?  It is a movement that gives children time to explore their own passions and promotes creativity within the classroom. The children have a say in what they want to learn during a period of time in their classes.

Check out this video if you want to see how Genius Hour is being incorporated into schools! 2014 Genius Hour Projects

This whole movement started when Google, the search engine company allowed their engineers and workers 20% of their time during the day to work on whatever was interesting to them. The concept was simple; give people or students an opportunity to work on something they wanted and imagination and productivity will grow.



 Denise Krebs. (2012, August 13). Painting on my old teachers desk. [Online Image]. Retrieved from http://bit.ly/2cuFWTV

Check out my Genius Hour Proposal to see what I will be working on in the next five weeks. In this presentation you will be able to see my goals and my motivation for my project. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts