Genius Hour Update

12:20 PM



This week hasn't seen much progress for my Genius Hour. With work and school its been a little difficult trying to find a couple of spare minutes to crochet but I have set some time aside this weekend so be prepared for some funny videos documenting my progress. 



This week i have researched some websites and have found some good research on how knitting and crocheting can impact your heath. If you are interested in the article you can find it here.  
Tayra Lucero for LittleThings


The most interesting fact from this article I found was that crocheting can improve your math skills! You have to multiply, measure and create patterns subconsciously and your math skills are said to get stronger. Lets all say a little prayer that this helps my math skills a bit!


This weekend I will be going shopping for the materials that I need such as wool and crochet needles. My mom is an expert in crocheting and I will be asking her to show me the steps on how to start the scarf. My mom is right handed and I am left so a challenge will be watching her crochet because I will have to do it the opposite way. 



I am hoping the end result of my scarf will look something like this: 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts