Genius Hour Week 4 Update!

8:10 AM



My Genius Hour project is not completed... yet. But it is slowly coming along. Last weekend I went home to visit my family and I spent some time with my next door neighbour Sue who is a crocheting master. I'm serious. This lady can crochet almost anything. These are just a few of the items shes crocheted in LESS than a week.







I knew she was the right person to ask, so I went over and she showed me how to start my scarf by creating a slip knot. After I "mastered" the slip knot (only took 45 minutes), Sue taught me how to start my chain. I found it difficult watching her because I'm left handed so I have to do the steps basically backwards. 



This is how I felt: 




After looking online of ways to teach left handed people, we came across many people saying that sitting in front of a mirror worked best so we tried (hoping for a miracle at this point) and WE GOT IT! 

After I got the concept of how to hold my crochet needle and creating a stitch I was able to work on my scarf alone without help. 


Here is a progress picture: 

This is after I crocheted my first row! 



Reflection Time! 


Up until this point I learned that crocheting is not an easy task to complete. It takes a lot of patience and commitment. I found that when I crochet, I am focused and calm. I've also found you can crochet almost anywhere and it is an instant conversation starter! 

My next goal for this project is to finish the scarf and document the progress.


If anyone is interested in crocheting here are some helpful links I've found that have helped me so far:







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts